It’s been a good month so far. Made job application rounds and got myself a part-time and a full time work. They don’t start at the same time so I have the time to learn the ropes on one job, establish tasks process, and then tackle the other. Great plan, right? My inner person is actually banging its head against the wall, wondering what I’ve gotten myself into. Again. Oh well. This would help my family. Have to make this work.
These past 2 weeks made me realize the following about house cleaning and this and that:
- I’m an organized-mess ninja when it comes to chores I hate the most: laundry AND anything clothes-related (sorting, folding, and weeding the closet for clothes that no longer fit) How? It involves closing doors to hide the mounds of clothes or just leaving them where they’re at, the clothesline. And my favorite, strutting around the house naked. I kid you not.
- My son’s chronic pneumonia and asthma happens even if I’m his sole caregiver
- My home office is right smack of a high-activity area (feng shui made me do it!)
- Not to mention, it’s the warmest place in the house during the summer, in a tropical country! That’s how hot it is, it deserved another bullet point.
- It is possible to eat any leftover in the fridge when you have less than a dollar in your wallet and nothing in your bank account. Yes. Water can be breakfast.
- You can plan all you want but the Big Man upstairs has the last say.
- If you must ask for something or dream about it, just make it big. Wish like a kid on his birthday.
During my unemployed period and watching my funds dwindle into nothing actually helped clear my head. I focused on the good points: what talents I possess that I could exploit (kidding!) Mainly it was just a good ‘ol cry-your-eyes-out cleansing session that did the trick. THEN I was able to focus on job hunting, getting that job, bulking up my savings, building my food and art empire, each of my kids has a trust fund, getting my first millions, be on the cover….whoa!
One thing at a time.